Gee It's Been Awhile
Somewhat torrential downpours are occurring at this very moment at our house. Hail the size of a quarter. Lightning. Thunder. Rain that waters the grass.Rain that came in and made puddles on the floor since we were a little late in closing the windows.
Now that we've covered the issue of the weather, where to go next.
Youth camp. Fourth of July weekend. Pastoral hopscotch. Big bang bong & wham-o some large topics there.
The on-going house hunt. The ironic visits from family. The sleepover with Sarah and Rachel that I enjoyed because it gave me an excuse to do things I haven't done in years. Mulching at Ms. Iva's was probably the only time mulching has ever been fun for me. Why I'm thankful for my SAT prep class. I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone. The semi-existent plans for the coming school year.
What I've been reading lately- Psalm 37. Miscellany. I also checked a handful of classics out of the library. Anna Karenina is 800 some pages! I never knew Pygmalion was a play not a novel.
What the boys have been doing lately- playing legos and going to work with Dad.
What I did for six hours yesterday- shopping, which I only like to do if I'm not trying to find anything or if I find what I set out to find. I didnt buy a dress, but did buy some normal clothes we crossed paths with that were on sale.
What everyone but me has been doing alot of- packing...in faith. I've got the faith part, just haven't been participating in the packing as of yet.








4 comments:
Packing? When is the move-out date?
I strongly dislike change as well. Even from a good thing to a good thing.. it always tears me up. And the fact is, we're made for Heaven, where there will be no more loss; no more "it will never be like this again."
So, look forward to Heaven as you sadly pack your bags :-)
As far as a move-out date and a move-to location, well, that's where the faith has been coming in ;-) My dad rented a storage container and the basement has been being packed so that it'll be clear for Him to paint down there.
Ask anyone in my family- change has never been my forte. And just like you said, even from a good thing to a good thing [which has honestly perplexed me at times].
The good news:
Thanks to God's power and ability to change hearts, mine is sitting in a completely different place concerning moving as it was when the subject used to come up months ago.
The great news:
Psalm 23:6 "Surely goodness and love shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
Forever is a long time. The longest of times! And that is how long we will spend living to praise God in His holy house. What a thought.
Thanks so much for the encouraging reminder!
I'm glad you enjoyed mulching! I had fun too, even with my driving challenges... :)
I'm pretty sure you were one of the most consistently working "mulchers"! Yay!
nwwzhgky
Now what weirdness zooms here? going kinda yucky...
Thanks Mike!
Great attempt a at very hard group of letters there by the way.
=]
Post a Comment