Rain Rain
The next line of the song is 'go away' but I am rather enjoying the current weather so I'll skip that part.
Yes, that's right. I like the rain. It takes alot [along the lines of torrential destruction] for me to think of rain as anything other than refreshing. Now, the humidity that is sure to follow, that's a different story. School has creeped up on my and now resides, looming, almost similar to the dense, humid air is doing outside on this fine morning at this minute very minute at 7:53 am.
Last night I played in the rain, jumping in puddles where the sidewalk or the road pavement was uneven. There were the funniest puddles on our front steps that made a shadow-like mirror image. A self-quote: "that would make an awesome picture."
I spent Tuesday reading my military history. 58 pages. And then an article entitled, "Knowing History and Knowing Who We Are. " or something like that.
We put up our tent Monday in the garage. The poles needed to be more spread out than the dimensions of the garage allowed for or I believe the boys were going to sleep in it. It's a wonderful tent- two rooms, each one nice and roomy, and I would even say homey; it has lots of screens, some of which purpose as a sun or star roof.
And now here we are at Sunday. Upon arrival at church, I got to hug a vivacious and wonderful person and friend, Megan. Communion and church both held special tidbits. The message was great and served as the basis of my devotions today. Can you imagine how a visitor or even someone unsaved could or would respond to what was preached?
We had a care group pool party planned. Food included wedding soup, pulled pork, watermelon and hummingbird cake with cream cheese icing. All the 'youth' did swim. Except me. I was busy with Ms. Jackie's camera. A couple games of Apples to Apples were played. Good laughs. Timothy and Abigail are terribly good photography subjects and playmates. Video games were entertainment for a good while. Olivia and Rachel were playing some sort of pretend with my bedroom as their headquarters for a while. Later into the afternoon, in the words of Sarah-Cal, the adults talked in the following manner [which she demonstrated in a one-of-a-kind tone of voice]: "this is where I was struggling this past week; how about you...?" While the convo was going on downstairs, time was passed upstairs by checking out the workings of Mac, and then the remainder on Kevin and my first ever game of Risk. My military history became of use as I scoured my brain for a good title. I was Smedley Butler which beat being Joan of Arc by a long mile. We brought the Dr. Pepper and the pretzels upstairs and munched. When the game was forced to end due to parental force, Kevin was dominating the most land.








4 comments:
Hey Lane,
Did you mean ME when you said vivacious and great friend or something to that effect?? I couldn't tell because you missed a letter in my name! Just wanted to point that out... LOL Love, Meghan with an 'h-
I actually meant Megan from Akron.
You're Meghan with an 'h' like Anne with an 'e.'
=]
Dr.Pepper!!
I don't care so much for the pretzels, but.. Dr.Pepper!!
:-)
Somehow, somehow I knew you would comment on that. You successfully fulfilled my expectation on the matter ;-]
Good stuff that Dr. Pepper.
Post a Comment