Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Daughter, My Child

As I went about one day last week, I found myself humming parts of the following Keith Green recording. I listened to the song and realized I was singing words meant to be spoken from God. The Lord met me in that moment... these words are His heart toward His children, toward me!

My son, My son, why are you striving
You can't add one thing to what's been done for you
I did it all while I was dying
Rest in your faith, my peace will come to you

My child, My child, why are you weeping
You will not have to wait forever
That day and that hour is in My keeping
The day I'll bring you into Heaven

For when I hear the praises start
My child, I want to rain upon you
Blessing that will fill your heart
I see no stain upon you
Because you are My child and you know me
To me you're only holy
Nothing that you've done remains
Only what you do in Me

My precious bride, the day is nearing
When I'll take you in My arms and hold you
I know there are so many things that you've been hearing
But you just hold on to what I have told you



I read Ps. 103 this morning. I was doing really well on committing the passage to memory. Usually I prefer the English Standard Version, but for Ps. 103, the wording found in my pocket New International Version couldnt have been better in relation to this song.

I will praise the Lord each morning, each moment of each day, for this: His unchanging heart of love, guidance and counsel toward me allowed by His work of salvation in me because of the substitution that took place on the cross.


"He let go of His Son so that He could hold on to us."

Note: the 'keith green recording' link goes to a youtube video of a cover for the song, but I liked the cover more than the video of the actual recording.

3 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Aww, I love Keith Green's music! Good post. I am glad that God is reminding you of why you praise him :-)

Mel said...

I am thrilled to hear that you're listening to some Keith Green!!! I have a good book for you - No Compromise - by Melody Green.

This post was a blessing to me, Alaina - thanks so much for sharing!

In prayer for you...

Author at 661 said...

LG- Dont you have Keith Green records? Seeing as you've yet to be at our new house, you should come over with them. I know we've said that before but doesnt hurt to renew the idea =P

I will definitely check that book out... and the one you quoted to me by Elizabeth Elliot too. So glad! You're welcome, and thanks :-)