Moving Forward in Truth
I don't think a goodbye or the time leading up to it could be any sweeter than that I have recently seen and been a part of.
My Lebanese, jelly bean sharing, adventurous & infectiously joyful friend- if you're reading this, know that the times I've throughout the spent with you in the past few weeks, I clearly saw God in our conversations. I had such fun! I'll treasure the memories always. Looking forward to lots of stories (praying for testimonies of salvation!) and the next time I get to give you a hug.
I didn't intend to post on the above, but I couldn't not say something about it.
...every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15: 2-5
- O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!- Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
- Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
- Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are! - His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell! - Even when we don't feel as close to God as we desire to feel, He is near. I heard someone very wise say that when you feel as if you couldn't possibly hold on any longer, look and see that He is holding on to you. God is working in me as I work to finish this school year. During conversation yesterday I was able to recognize His grace. I haven't been consumed by schoolwork as is my nature, but have been able to enjoy the weather and go through days of work more freely. Separate from and more prevalent than schoolwork: God is working on my heart spiritually and I recognize it. At times the recognition happens awkwardly; I am sure, always incompletely, but it's there.








No comments:
Post a Comment