Minor News
Yesterday marked a major advance on the getting-my-locker-open front.
I asked the girl next to me to help me (this was the second time) and took note of what she did and how. In the process I learned her name, that she's a senior, the colleges she's looking at and that she's a cheerleader. I met someone!
I practiced the combination this morning during the 15 minutes I have when the only people in the building at 6:45 are the janitors and a few devoted teachers. It's taken two and a half weeks, but as of today, I am now able to open my locker.
What minor news that seems in light of all of life right now. School has been like a gigantic wave, pulling me under with its power and sheer volume. But as this week closes, I recognize that God IS faithful. He has calmed the waters, even just a little, so that my head is above, and I am able to take a deep breathe of His grace and peace... whether or not I got a passing grade on my pre-calc test today.
I'm so grateful to be able to head out tonight to enjoy the company of friends He has gifted me with... at our book study kick-off!








No comments:
Post a Comment