Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year "New Start"

Yup.
2007.
New Year.
Stayed up until 2am last night. Slept in until 11am. Everyone else was sleeping by 1am. We banged a few pots and watched the neighbor across the street fill the street with smoke from these humungo fireworks in his backyard. Kevin set off one that he had saved from July. Banging pots & mainly seeing Steve bang pots was a nice memory.
My enthusiasm torwards the new year has decreased compared to past years I think. I'm trying to maintain some level of it though, and that making that memory helped =)

My first thought when I woke up this morning was "It's just another day."
Not the most positive, energetic thought, but there it was. I know its the beginning of a new year. Beginnings and endings are milestones in life when ya think about it. In that respect I would say its worth acknowledging.


Television last night was horrible. We thought that there would at least be some good old movies on. Nope. nothin. just trashy singers and all the regular junk that's on late at night. Kevin and I played Monopoly.

My only resolution is to read my Bible. I read my Bible now as it is, so I guess the resolution part comes with my attitude and willingness and desire to do it. My nature is to make it into just another step on my To Do list & as of yesterday I realized I dont want it to be that. The plan that came to me yesterday at lunch is what I think I'm going to do: read a Psalm and/or Proverb every day and then decide on a few books in the NT to read.

I was looking through a list of verses that I compiled this summer and these stood out to me as I looked at them tonight:

Proverbs 31:8-9
Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction.
Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

Ecc. 7: 23-9
All this have I proved by wisdom: I said, I will be wise; but it was far from me.
That which is far off, and exceeding deep, who can find it out?
I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness:
And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.
Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:
Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.
Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Ecc. 12:13-14
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

As I was looking through the list I also had Revelation 22:13-14 written down. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."
The words 'begining and end' continue the thought aprx 52 lines above =D

Final words: I have no clue what the activities of the day shall be [nothing new there]. I'm thinking of all of our friends and family. I hope they're all well & safe & happy.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007
[gotta get used to writing that date]
TO ALL FROM ALL OF US

No comments: