Musings
Today my alarm on my cell phone went off at 7am and I thought "why's that thing going off, it's Saturday." All week I've been a day ahead of myself.
A moment ago while standing in the kitchen filling my water bottle a light bulb lit up in my head and I recognized that my mental incapability to remember what day it was, this week was a means of grace from God. I've been thinking I have one less school/week day to complete everything than I really do, and so somehow a really great amount of work has gotten done in comparison with the amount of mixedupness in the house.
This week our house has undergone a major transformation. New paint, clear walls and shelves. All the rooms echo because they're so close to empty. It will start to be available to be shown as of Monday. I've done schoolwork with a house full of Dad's workers painting away. My dad has picked up alot of "slack" for my mom, Kevin and I because we've been tied down with school. Interesting concept- homeschoolers being tied down by their work. I spent afternoons and nights backing my bedroom except for those things I'll need- that's a huge deal folks. My room had the most stuff of any room outside of the basement. While I did that my parents cleared the living room and the other bedrooms. And yet, this has been the best week thus far as far as my APUSH assignments getting done. Hopefully the grades will reflect that. My chemistry's another story...but I'm trying to dwell on the positive here ;-]
Speaking of the positive and changing the subject slightly, last night I was instructed to make a list of all the positive things about moving, to think happy thoughts:
"For every one good thing my mind comes back with three things that are negative."
"Acknowledge them, but don't dwell on them. Dwell on the good."
In that I can find joy and peace - better than excitement- unavailable anywhere else in the world.
post in the works about the camping trip. it currently has a happy home in the draft section =]








1 comment:
That is really great faith, Lane...I'm glad you're thinking things thru and leaning ever more fully on Jesus.
Post a Comment