Sunday, January 06, 2008

Questioning the Worth of these Past Words

Why do I write this blog?
What do I have to say that is truly of worth?



I have a post on New Years in draft (seems like lately for every post I publish there's been one waiting), but only the links to other blogs that I took something away from reading are worth publishing.

Looking through the post archive, I realized I've posted some boring and badly written stuff over the past year. Yet a few posts stuck out as truly valuable. I would rather publish less and have the posts be worthy of whatever time spent writing and reading then publish much of little admiration. Simple thought, but important.

You'll hear from me when I come up with something of meaning to post... whether my own thoughts of those of others which have affected my own in one way or another.

When I've accomplished something, then I'll talk about it, but not before. Words without action are useless, dead. All the talk in the world about the finished product, position, goal, assignment doesn't get you one inch closer to having accomplished it or up and over the hurdle. Even worse, you dont get any closer to the next hurdle in line; you stay consumed with the one you're facing until you shut your mouth and do something.

I'm not about to connect the original question of why I blog (which I never intended to answer in this post anyway) with the above paragraph, but it was on my mind, as is now the thought of my soft pillow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha...the soft pillow....would that be the Mr. D. pillow?? Hee hee! Great time yesterday! Mushiness, snacks, pillows....fun day!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, yes... the value of words. I enjoy reading of your attempts at making pancakes, as well as seeing your opinion on something.

My dad once saw a t-shirt that said, "Nobody cares about your blog." I disagree.

Author at 661 said...

Meg- the reference was not to the squishy memory foam regular pillow, so not exactly =]
I had fun. glad you did too!

ha. the pancake story...
thanks Josh =]

Anonymous said...

Questioning your past words is a waste of time. er wait, did I say that right? I'm confused. Maybe I should just be quiet. Well, I dunno, the value of comprehendible language is only outweighed by the knowledge of how to correctly use it. I think I just wasted a lot of nothing at all.

Author at 661 said...

typo- the reference was to the squishy pillow.

A- analyzing may be a more accurate word. Analyzing to find out whether they were of worth. 'thinking about' would work too...

made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

You know what, the more and more I comment on stuff, the more and more I seem to bring amusement to people. I'm just sayin'! I think that most people, not everyone, but most people have this little hidden dial in their heads. There are three settings: Smart, Normal, and Stupid. I think I linger in Stupid Mode far too long. But hey, let's face it. I use to be blond.