Not the Morning I was Hoping for
DISCLAIMER: I didnt realize that this post could very well be taken wrongly, and I apologize for not specifying why these lyrics were posted. This morning I was disappointed over seeing test scores and generally depressed about recent schoolwork. After reading my scores which I'd waited a few weeks for, I prayed, thought and had time with the Lord. He brought the chorus of this song to mind. Now that I think, I dont know when the last time I heard this song was before today... Upon looking up the video (link posted in chorus meant as credit), I was encouraged. Yes, this song was written by a man coping with death and may very well be on the dramatic side to apply it to test scores; but the Lord cared for me through these words today. Below the picture is a quote from a situation of someone encouraging another in the context of test scores that I heard once.
Scattered words and empty thoughts
seem to pour from my heart
I've never felt so torn before
seems I don't know where to start
but it's now that I feel Your grace falls like rain
from every fingertip, washing away my pain
I still believe in Your truth
I still believe in Your holy word
even when I don't see, I still believe
Though the questions still fog up my mind
with promises I still seem to bear
even when answers slowly unwind
it's my heart I see You prepare
but its now that I feel Your grace fall like rain
from every finger tip, washing away my pain









5 comments:
That is a sweet picture- and awesome poetry.
"Those who are faithful in little will also be faithful in much."
Just 'cos your pain isn't catastrophic doesn't mean it's not important. How you deal with smaller things predicts how you'll deal with larger things. I'm glad you found the right way to deal with disappointment!
Praying for you, darling! Looking forward to Saturday, too.. :-)
You really have the right perspective Lane. Just keep your head up and keep going. I’m praying for ya. :-)
See you tonight.
My dear young friend....thank you for the disclaimer...you really had me concerned! You know I care about you, and I will pray that you will be encouraged in your schoolwork, and that the Lord will give you His perspective to think about and rest in. Love you! ~Mrs. G~
Oh lane lou!
I see you added a disclaimer!don't worry girly... God is teaching you patience (just like he is me!)and diligence! I know its hard to except his will, but maybe he wanted you to fall into his arms and let him handle it more. Luv ya like a sis!
~Miss Sara~
Post a Comment