Sunday, April 06, 2008

This Post Should Have a Picture In it But Doesnt

I missed an amazing, and I mean amazing sunset a few nights ago. Didn't see a hint of it. And our yard has such a perfect view too. Thinking about it now sorta made me sad... Am I missing other things? Maybe I'm just seeing different events with a different perspective and not actually missing out.


Spring came so fast. I was completely unprepared for Easter. I heard that it came "as early as possible" this year though and that was a comfort- there was actually science behind my feeling behind.

I'm mentally gearing up for this week and seriously need to stop talking about it and just do what I need to do. I've gotten myself in a schoolwork hole (more like canyon but looking on the bright side never hurt anyone) and it's either climb out or, well, climb out. The consequences seem too big, mean and bad right now to spend any more than 10 seconds thinking about them. Inconceivable. 

AHHHHHH!
This too shall pass. This week will soon be over. 
May 9th will soon be history. hah. bad pun, not on purpose. May 9th is the APUSH exam day.
 It's getting there that's gonna be interesting. I know it'll all be over before I know it, but how is getting there gonna look? What is life if its not interesting though?

But I am so frequently looking towards the end of an assignment, the end of school, the end of this so that can start. And I dislike so much what that does to all the process, the middle, the good stuff. 

2 comments:

Clear Ambassador said...

"May 9th will soon be history. [...] It's getting there that's gonna be interesting. I know it'll all be over before I know it, but how is getting there gonna look?"

Wow! That's closer than I thought anybody would get to how I look at stuff like this. I distictly remember weeks in college that pressed my face into the mud of misery come Sunday night, as I slowly realized thing after thing that needed to be done and had been avoided during the weekend. Then... somehow.. I did one thing and then another, and there I was on Wednesday, and the list wasn't so long, the time had passed, and I had survived!

I think taking that kind of experience and perspective to heart is a basic element of becoming more mature. More "seasoned."

Great post!

Author at 661 said...

Thanks for the encouragement!
Glad you got something from it :-)