Leaning on the Lord
Today was such a mixed day.
I felt like I wanted to pout and cry and after about 3pm crawl into my bed just like a beetle under a rock. I kept going throughout the day with the thought that I had the Vday party to go to. It was canceled because of weather. My school was brushed aside priority wise in my mind due to other consuming thoughts and household stuff. I still feel like a dark abstract painting inside--hard to figure out exactly what the point of it is. It's just a big mess of color & yet you know it has a purpose; you know it's a piece of art whether you understand it or even like it. In all of that, I couldnt completely stop and be a beetle. I couldnt justify it. Everytime I wanted too, something positive came into my path and spurred me into doing some work. I didnt become Miss Diligence and get tons of work done, but I didnt let the day be a complete failure either.
I said to Mum today, "Sometimes I wish I could just stop doing school. And stop worrying about doing it. and getting it done. Completely stop. Or maybe not stop the learning, but take away all the stress and organization from it." Mum's response was, "Seems easy enough to me. Just stop worrying. Why are you worrying over it in the first place?" My thought isnt realistic really...
I've still got biology reading to day. And an entire chapter on the Protestant Reformation to read in history. I've got to read six pages in my speech book. I've got to read all I can possibly absorb in my literature anthology. I've got to finish my current event essay. I have a test in the next few days in both Bible and history. The cherry on top is my creation science research. That's not meant to be a complaint--just an assessment.
I didnt work hard today on my schoolwork. I just squeaked and slid through the day. That's the honest truth. I wasnt focused. I need blinders like a horse in order to do that. On a positive note, I did make some creative strides. I made a beautiful yet quirky paper rose and made progress on the little felt robot dudes I am making for Steve and Dave. I've got to remember to take pictures on my projects. I want to compile a portfolio eventually. I give people gifts all the time and forget to document it through photography for myself.
that's a good thought...









No comments:
Post a Comment