Watch a Good Movie Buy a Good Book & Be Green
On the entertainment front, I recently watched Flicka. The fam is at this moment in the living room watching the newest Rocky; I watched it earlier this week. Flicka's got a great soundtrack. The landscapes are lovely. As far as the storyline, it was lacking. There were several emotionally well-executed scenes. I dont think I'll ever easily forget a D.B./H.Q quote from when we went Christmas caroling: "We need to go see a good movie." "Flicka!" "We need to go see a good movie..." The newest Rocky's not my favorite. It doesnt have a high level of action or anticipation. It is in keeping with the rest of the series, and closes the story off quite well with Adrian's death, the complete reconciliation of father/son, and the restuarant which Rocky has opened.
[Random Google Searching Pays]
Tomorrow is the homeschool book fair. So I can't decide what to wear--my taupe or navy skirt with my taupe or navy shirt?! Or should I go for the jean jumper and tshirt? Yes, that was a homeschool "dress code" joke. Dont beat me up for it. I have no problems with wearing skirts or being simple. I just take a somewhat humerous stand point at times on the whole scene. We didnt go last year; we didnt think we needed to with planning on cyber schooling. Next year will be 11th grade and as well as Abeka has served us, I'm sick of it. We're looking into a somewhat-local Christian/classical education study center for next year. I have several ideas as far as morphing what I need to study and what I want to study and how I want to go about it. I am sure Mum has a plan for shopping with the boys too. It'll be a fun day. Definitely.
Since I'm not legal & will dare say that even if I was I wouldnt be celebrating thoroughly like a true Irish woman, I'll be decking myself out in one of my favorite colors, taking pictures that will make those who arent in them green with envy [just kidding!] and eating yummy [hopefully] green food with good friends.
Exploring Christianity this week was neat. K.B. and D.C. led a seperate group I was included in of the under 18 folks. K.B. was seated in Mr. P's authoratative chair and conversation was abuzz. Such GREAT questions were asked. I'd never been in Mr Pierson's office before and I enjoyed it thoroughly...the photos of his family, the mustache/nose glasses on the top shelf that I had heard the story behind the previous week, the picture of the city. The shelves of books are the most remembered part. I recognized title after title and just wanted to sit there reading each and every one.









No comments:
Post a Comment