Sunday, April 15, 2007

Disappointment but Positivity

Tomorrow is the postmark deadline for the Answers in Genesis Evolution Exposed research paper contest. Due to my need to do extensive research and use writing a 2500 word paper as a thorough learning experience, my paper isnt done. I was using the contest as incentive. This may sound strange--I didnt want to win the first prize of $50,000 to Liberty Uni. I wanted to win one of the four runners up: a laptop and tons of books.

I've got the backbones of a first draft, but need to do reorganize and re-research on a few points in order to really get my points across efficiently. I'm disappointed that a final draft isnt sitting on my desk, with crisp black ink on flawless white copy paper. Throughout the whole process however, I've been praying that if the Lord wanted my paper in the contest, He'd give me the strength and timing to complete it. I was leaning on the whole "close a door, open a window" principle. I didnt want to rush my writing. There'll be other contests.

The downer--I set an allotted time to cut back on reg biology to write my paper. I've now got to go back to full school, full paper-writing mode.

No comments: