Running a Race
life's crazy.
especially this weekend. gee whiz.
the line-up for this weekend is incredible just including the things we're doing, let alone the things we're not able to.
two-thirds of me is saying it's really nice to be busy. the other third is saying I wish I could focus on one or two things in my mind. At the moment, I'm uh, pretty scatterbrained. It was great to start my day with forty-five minutes of reading my Bible and prayer though, and I've been able to accomplish much already today.
The struggle with weekends like this for me is really being in the individual moments and not just flying past the current because my mind is on the upcoming.
My room is a wreck. partly because of my attempts to reorganize everything more systematically, and partly because I've got a gazillion different projects, not necessarily big or worth noting, or even all-consuming, but still projects. Put it this way--I've got my entire school life, clothing collection, library, sleeping quarters, items apart of my social life, and majority of my creative life all in one room.
I just finished Judy: A Story of Divine Corners. I bought the copyright 1930 hardback last summer at a yard sale at the lake for a dollar or two. It was a lovely story. It is written in a very simple style as far as teenage literature goes, but not so simple that it seems elementary. I enjoyed the simplicity and vintage flair. I found myself able to relate very well to the characters and the activities that occurred in the story of a girl and her circle of friends at their lake camp. I've read a few other novels base on the setting of a girls and boys summer camp, but the way the two groups related in this story was much more realistic and exemplary than I've seen before. I recommend the book for sure =]









No comments:
Post a Comment