[hmm]
Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2.Corinthians 12.8
Unrelated update-
Margaret Fuller
Margaret Fuller
"Any word you have to hunt for in the thesaurus is the wrong word. There are no exceptions to this rule." -S.King
I'm fairly positive I disagree with that quote.
I'm fairly positive I disagree with that quote.
the weather is currently much to nice to be inside doing school work.
our pool water has been 80 some degrees and I didnt even realize.
our pool water has been 80 some degrees and I didnt even realize.
This is the 100th post on this blog. yay.









3 comments:
I agree.. with you and with the quote.
I have several times been sure of the presence of some word that was just out of the grasp of my memory, and grabbing a thesaurus saved the day.
But if you go hunting for a word that means "happy" but is at least 14 letters long.. that's never the right word :-)
Ahh, words. Me likey.
I like my thesaurus :-) It helps me to know if the words I make up are real or not :-P
GOOD VERSE! It hurts to realize that pain is good...but it's a good hurt, you know? Or maybe it's just that I become more open to pain after I realize what the benefits are...
rmowm
Renegade Mormons Overturn Windy Muppets
Ya- there's a big and important difference between knowing lots and lots of words and knowing how to use the ones you know correctly. It's knowledge vs. wisdom.
Words have meaning. They should be used with conviction and purpose; not with the motive to impress and big-ify. I suppose that's the deeper meaning of the quote, with which I do agree!
_
You should make up your own dictionary, full of your very own word creations. I'd read it.
I know exactly what you mean about a good hurt. It reminds me of the feeling that rests within verses about mercies and joy anew every morning. What about the mornings stained by unpleasantness? The joy is found deep in Christ and is unknown and inconceivable [Princess Bride word] apart from Him.
And I think you're right about bring more open to pain. I know for myself, it takes awhile. The desire is to close up and shut down. But then I cant help put things in the hands of Christ. Slowly and surely He has always softened and healed my heart again, showing me the good in what I thought was so very bad.
Post a Comment