Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cherish

The week we closed on the new house, we spent Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at the house as family. Dad's workers were painting. Amid attempting to keep David's desire to help actually profitable, choosing, checking and creating paint colors, and multiple here or there distractions, I knew school had to get done. I made my way around the house, finding a spot that remained quiet for an increment of time until I relocated somewhere else. It was a good time. It was an odd feeling spending all day at the new house to come home, park in the driveway, open the garage door and walking into this house to watch some TV or finish school, send some emails, talk about the new house and go to bed.

This week's had a different face.
The whole family has been at the new house but me for this first half. I've spent the days at this house on my own with only the quiet as company. Occasionally blasting music, making a batch of cornbread muffins, delighting in my surroundings. Thinking about family birthday parties, the time I had my birthday in August just because I liked the idea. the running circles through the halls, the playing dress up for all the neighbors to see in the summer in the backyard. lighting Hanukah candles in our homemade menorahs on the fireplace while we had a Christmas tree up. ha. wow. God's grace. being baptized in the pool in the freezing cold September or was it early October even? Filming the boat scene of Princess Bride in a raft in the pool, the night my uncle was saved in the backroom, attempting to play hymns for Bible study in the backroom led by Dad- holy months. the Christmas joy. Remembering the faces of the people who we have had to priviledge to laugh with, pray with, do math with, eat with here. Seasons of life that have past and yet are treasured went through my brain over and over... vignettes. sepia. uncaptured memories... in between pouring over American Narrative History and Chemistry of course.

I dont know what scholarly conclusion to draw from it all. I just know my life has been spent here. The amount of love and time... I hope the love continues and God's work remains within these walls. So much is represented by them for me, for us.

Hmm... maybe sometime soon I'll post about something in life at the moment other than the house, like my birthday. Still have a post from the camping trip in draft... :-P

_
Highly Recommended Movie:Freedom Writers

No comments: