Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Composed of Numerous Diverse Elements or Facets

Life lately has consisted of a myriad of moments. Myriad can actually mean ten thousand. I never knew that until today. There hasnt really been much of a theme to speak of... I was just in the mood to throw some current happenings out there.

I fell in love with having these yummies with one of my favorite Celestial Seasons teas- tangerine orange zinger. The best thing about Celestial Seasons is the quotes on the bottom of the boxes. I want to go to Ikea just because I think they sell the cookies there & plus Ikea is so much cooler than Giant Eagles any day. I dont like grocery shopping at generic stores very much...

This past weekend held-

  • Frisbee [from which I was unusually incredibly sore Sunday night]
  • YG meeting
  • Helping with 3-5 year old children's ministry; I'm gonna stick to nursery
  • Good conversations after church
  • Blueberry bagel for lunch
  • A Sunday afternoon that wasnt what I thought it was going to be, but was a good time with friends. I suppose it was what you'd call spontaneous.
Frisbee had to be one of the most conversational games ever. I got such a kick out of blocking Mike. As I typed that I laughed. Caleb rocks.

The me-monster. you you you you you ME!
It's torturous to ask questions and not receive an answer. After thinking about it though, I'm so glad we are given the opportunity to do it.
Whoever made the cupcakes at YG- they were awesome.

So on Sunday fifteen of us go into the bagel place. After somehow surviving ordering the bagels, we sat down at the big table. Two people walking out commented about how we "sure were waking everyone up with liveliness!" We asked if we were being too loud- "no, no."I wasnt aware that people went to a bagel shop to sleep... We all absorbed the comment and continued with laughs and conversation. I think we attempted to be more quiet, but I didnt honestly realize that we were loud to begin with and didnt notice that much difference afterwards. Then this older woman came from behind and put her hand on my shoulder. She told us how much she loved children; she was eighty-eight years old and had been a teacher for forty-some because of that love. She told us how much she was enjoying listening to and being around our happiness and conversation. She said never to loose what we were then enjoying. "God bless." She replied with thank you and said returned the blessing. She hoped that we were all born again...actually, we are! We just came from church. She became so happy and I know I had a huge smile on my face. She parted by saying that she'd see us again someday. Talking with the women in the bagel shop pretty much made my day.

The whole bunch of us went to the thrift store, one of the most random and on the expensive side thrift stores. I'm so very cheap. It's a thrift store and I'm saying it was expensive...I was comparing it to others.

Over the weekend I bought the book that goes along with this as well as two records, two wooden bowls and two turquoise handmade glazed metal platters. When K-dawg goes on a picnic, all he needs is the suit he bought; it doubles as the blanket.

There's been some serious encouragement going around that I've been on all sides of. God has been working still with my heart on the house- I'm now excited- yay! We've all gotten quite sick of arranging the house for listing shots. They're finally done with. Since Sunday night I've been feeling mono-ish. Charles Spurgeon's Morning to Evening has been so good and God's used it several times strongly in the past several weeks.

We have a 7th birthday to celebrate in our house tomorrow =]

Ah, so very many little other things I could share. But my history textbook calls. At this point it's actually screaming.

I watched this video Thursday; It's powerful. [compliments of]




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Ikea... Don't buy any of their low-end furniture. It is garbage. I agree with you on the cookies though- they are very tasty.

I too was sore after the game. I guess it is mostly due to the fact that it was a 4-on-4 game-everyone had to run or else noting happened. Except for Kevin, that is.

ME!

That was definitely a good experience after church. In my opinion, we have to do it again soon. It ROCKED to talk to that lady at Einsteins too!

Expensive thrift store? Eh, it wasn't that bad... maybe expensive, but the thrift store prices on the items I bought compared to the original prices were excellent... I saved about 50 bucks.

Good to know Kev got his jacket.

Feeling mono-ish, eh? Does that mean you only hear through one ear, or that you only see through one eye? ;)

Katie C. made the cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

Was j trying to write a historical document there? That is the longest comment I have ever seen on a blog. Does anyone hear him huffing and puffing?


The Unknown

#387065 said...

Ahh man, the lady at Einstein’s… It's very rare that I tell someone "God Bless", but when I do, I mean it. She seemed like such an amazing person. I kinda wish we could have talked to her more. It's funny how a group of people fresh from church can spread God's grace through a loud lunch in a public restaurant. If that isn't a situation that just radiates love, I don't know what is.

#387065 said...

Okay, I left my comment then went back and watched the video... Wow. Every Christian teen should watch that. Amazing. Especially the end. Thanks for sharing it. :-)

Anonymous said...

yikes.
I wish the ending of that video was like my life.