Oldies but Goodies
Ever have one of those moments where you come across something from your past that brought you much enjoyment and good memories? Maybe family pictures or jokes, a beloved toy or book.
I ran into one such item this past week: Steve Green's Hide 'em in Your Heart music videos. And by videos, I mean video cassettes with matching cassette tapes. I think there's still an argument as far as the durability of cassettes vs. CDs, but that's a bunny trail. I never realized the songs were pure scripture! Huzzah and hoorah to my parents for having us watch those tapes; they're good stuff. As I scrolled itunes listening to the songs, they came right back. There I sat singing scripture songs along with the high-pitched voices of seven year olds. I want to find those videos, and the tapes. The younger two need to watch them and I want to re-watch them.
We also have the entire New & Old Testament sets of animated Bible stories from Nest Entertainment. Those were wonderful as well. I can still remember lying on my stomach next to my brother in front of the TV coloring in the books that corresponded with the videos.
It's nice to realize that you haven't outgrown the enjoyment of certain things.








3 comments:
OH MY GOSH!! I remember those!!! We still have tons of them! They really helped with scripture memory! Whenever I recite the 'whatever is true, whatever is...' verse, I always try not to sing it!! And the fruits of the spirit...I'm always tempted to sing those too! Sweet memories!
Have you ever tried Mark Altrogge's Hide the Word series? They don't have videos, but they're really catchy. He has about seven CDs out.
eatff
eat french fries
Yep, I have a few free downloads and I like them. It'd be great to get more; my mom likes them too... at least I'm pretty sure she does.
that is a great word verification thingy.
Post a Comment