Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tagged

I posted "It's the Holiday Season" and had forgotten about this! 

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Christmas trees and I have a history... but that's many other stories. I like real ones because they feel nice.
3. When do you put up the tree? the day after Thanksgiving, or it might have been the day right after that
4. When do you take the tree down? Januaryish
5. Do you like egg nog? I do NOT like eggnog cheesecake. I probably don't like eggnog either.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? oooh. let me think - my pink & black camera comes to mind. I was ecstatic when I received an American Girl doll.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have a large one on top of the piano and a few small ones scattered.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My grandparents... friends can be stumping too.
9. Easiest person to buy for? I'm usually quick to decide for my littlest brothers
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? We were just discussing the lower cost of email cards. But there's nothing like seeing the cards all hanging in the doorway!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Probably baby pink and blue toe socks... or the Precious Moment's "Round the World" spinning clock.
12. Favorite Christmas movie(s) ? The Nativity Story, The Shop Around the Corner, It's a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? ooh depends on the year
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes. quilty but not ashamed.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies cookies cookies! And fruit. Not fruit cake - fruit.
16. Clear or colored Christmas lights? Colored for outdoors. I'm unsure about on the tree... we have colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song(s)? The First Noel, Winter Wonderland, Baby, It's Cold Outside
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I've never traveled.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Blitzen, Cupid, Prancer, Dixon... Rudolph?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star definitely.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We've always done Christmas morning for our family. But we visit extended family Christmas Eve and open some anyway
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? modern Christmas songs instead of classic ones. Weird decorations.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? what a question! I adore our antique ornaments. I also like simple glass balls. and tinsel!
24. Favorite dinner for Christmas? uuhh Christmas dinner? Okay, okay, a straight answer- turkey, mashed potatoes, pretty similar to Thanksgiving but with twist...
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Shall I really list them? hmm. Homemade things =] One can never have too many scarves... an abort73 tshirt would rock, an external hard drive, a 1.8 or zoom lens'd be nice (ok, more than nice!) but that's like shooting for a standard height basketball hoop when you're five years old - might happen, but probability's against ya. And one of these have all been on the brain.
26. Do you bake lots of goodies during the holidays? Twice so far - sugar cookies and gingerbread - hopefully more!
27. Do you decorate different rooms of your home? Mainly the living room, abit in the dining room and porch room. The game room mantle also get decorated.
28. What decorations do you put outside? Lights on the house, garland a bow and lights on the lamp post, an old old! plastic nativity set, a plastic snow man, some light up candy canes, candles in the windows and a wreath
29. How do you spend Christmas Eve? With family. Taking photos and eating and playing games.
30. Is Christmas your favorite holiday? hmm. I like the mellowness of Thanksgiving, and the freedom of summer... but Christmas is pretty awesome that's for sure!


one of the first photos taken with my canon last year

No comments: