In Review
Easter has come. and gone.
I wouldnt describe our entire day as having a peaceful aura to it, but I would say that it held very good memories. Dad and I served on the welcome ministry for the first time. Dad told Mr R. that "we had the best Sunday out of the year to do it." Doing the guest packets was interesting...I'll get better at it. I was "proud" of the way we passed the offering. Good communication. haha.
Mr P.'s message couldnt have been better for our family who came . There couldnt have been any more exact words to speak to him. My prayer was that he was listening.
It didnt really feel much like Easter here as far as the weather. A good amount of girls shuffled into church with their Easter dresses on looking lovely but consequently froze. It was in the 30-40 degree range outside. COLD. My dad told one family they're girls looked"like an Easter basket" coming out of their van. I had 15 minutes to get dressed having spent a chunk of time trying to revamp a jean skirt so that it was wearable. When will I learn to do such things the day before?! I ended up going the dress pants route. Guys have it easy...just wear a suit or dress shirt, look spiffy, and always be warm.
We spent eh, two hours aprx at Gram's house, just hanging around basically. That part was peaceful now that I think of it. Just some fruit and candy and veggies oh & pierogies to munch. We each got a choco bunny and an Easter egg with our name on it. Mine was lime ;-) Next stop was home. Some of Dad's family came over at 5pm. Grandparents, one uncle, four cousins. Gram marveled at the fact that we had dyed eggs and in response noted how she had noticed Mr P.'s mention of eggs and choco bunnies [which she gifted us with later]. Dinner was outstanding & much awaited. Pierogies, hot sausage, potato au gratin [I know that's not spelled correctly], fresh steamed broccoli, stuffed cabbage, pasta-ish potato salad...I think I'm missing something.
I wanted to include a picture of the night before Easter with the choco crosses Dad and I bought at a local candy shop, but Blogger's being buggy. Dave always makes the goofiest faces. It'll be a wonder if we ever end up with a real smiling picture of him.
This month's calendar is quite filled it seems though I cant put my finger on distinct reasons why
-My paper which I will be working on as soon as this post is ca put
-KB leaving, other friends graduating and discovering what good they can bring to the world
-softball and baseball gearing up.the boys are already set. I have a "meeting" at the field tonight
-two weddings coming soon [whoohoo for both couples!]
-trying desperately to finish what I set out to do in all areas of my life...only by the power of Christ in me.
The highlight of last week other than EC was a trip to an house of rather overpriced merchandise [boutique mall] to see Amazing Grace with a buddy. PHENOMENAL has been the word I've been using. I'd like to do a review of it right here and now, but alas the clock ticks. I also watched Little Women, the 1933 version with K. Hepburn. In my mind I did an interesting comparison between that version and the version with Winona Ryder. Love's Unending Legacy was on Hallmark channel on Saturday night, and as a family we watched...painfully aware of what an horrible script that had been concocted. I found out today that Micheal Landon Jr didnt produce it, and that pretty much explained the dramatic differences between the first two movies in the series and these most recent ones. I'll watch all the forthcoming ones, just because it's a series. I wanna see how badly he can botch a storyline...or if he can make a steep comeback. I missed watching Easter Parade [a classic favorite] for seeing Napoleon Dynamite for the first time all the way through on Sunday night.
PS: I wrote a post last week, using our eBay purchased, recently refurbished yet technologically ancient laptop & as my mouse hovered the publish button, the inevitable. Connection was lost & all applications lost.








5 comments:
You bought chocolate at Esthers? I have good memories associated with that little store :-)
Yep yep! We used to go to the library up there, get some books, and then go get a 1/2 lb. of nonpareils at Esther's. We've been finding her hardtack at random stores now that we don't go to the store any more...yummmm :-)
Random idea: We should find a sweet movie to watch, then go eat sweets at Esther's. Or maybe get a DVD and eat sweets while watching it!
I'd been seeing it too, but I wanted to go there specifically & buy it...nostalgia or something to that effect.
I gotta get your email from you. We can chat in more detail back & forth...
It's my (elvish) first name, plus "@gmail.com." I've been wanting your e-mail address, too...
Just for kicks and giggles, I'll say that I've always liked being a guy... :)
Post a Comment