Hmm. I think I wanna post.
...But am not quite sure what to post about yet.
You know that feeling when you're sitting somewhere, watching something, and you feel warm? Maybe it's a summer night. Somehow What a Night come to mind. Maybe you're wrapped in a cozy blanket. God has been showing me how to become more fully His, that He's got me in His arms, and that He is as faithful to me as He was to Jacob.
[1] [2]
Realizing and describing where I am in seasons isn't quite easy for me; I'm learning how. For a few months I've been wrestling with trusting God and accepting where He's placed me once again- on a threshold. That threshold leads to a whole new and foreign part of His plan for me. God has been faithful to meet me everyday. Everyday He's used someone or something to show me that He's with me, that He cares, and that He's continuing to prepare me for whatever I need prepared for. He's placed me in where I'm supposed to be throughout my life, and He'll continue to do so. I'm not on my own.
It's been at times similar to jumping over an abyss. The abyss sits between personal will and desires and Christ's plan which is known to be everything best. One minute you look at the great gap and you're terrified. You turn away because your flesh doesnt want to jump over it! You're content to stay completely on your own terms. Christ knows the depths of your heart. He sees that beneath the fear and whatever else there is that the true desire of your heart is to be closer to Him. He brings it out of the darkness and to the light. Because of Christ's work on the cross, you are united with the Father. He wraps both arms around you and guides your pitiful and incapable feet smoothly. The inches become feet which become great lengths. The abyss is no doubt large, but how much bigger is our God?
Picture the way a child's hand grasps on to things- hair, toys, clothes. My heart has been like a child's hand. It has had a firm grip. I've had to come to the Lord and allow Him to pry open the fingers of my heart and let the object being grasped be removed so that my heart can fully be filled with Him.
Maybe reading Hinds Feet on High Places is affecting my mind- causing me to think in allegory form ;-)
Oh, and just so the topic doesnt remain anonymous- it's our family moving. Years of seeing this season of life in the distance- well- now it's sneaking up to the position of being smack in front of my face. I'm "sensitive," a "pack rat," and "sentimental." More importantly however, I am God's child and He is sovereign. We'll see how the story unfolds, eh?








No comments:
Post a Comment