Monday, October 08, 2007

Separation

An unfamiliar man in a blue car pulled up in front of our house on Sunday. Sitting on the porch enjoying the company of friends I soon stated that I didnt like him. I didnt know him. What I did know was that he was showing interesting in our house, and that I didnt like.


God placed me in a conversation last youth group that prepared me and even enabled me to ask for prayer- that God would now work now in the process of selling our home. Kevin and I were baptized in our pool. My dad and members of our family were saved in the living room. We struggled in not celebrating Christmas and we joyous celebrated in the back room. I see the grace that has been poured out in our family as a whole and in my own heart over buying and growing to love a new house. Now I see an area that is in need of grace- letting go and leaving this one.

Being in the middle, straddling the change is both fun and frustrating. I'm still enveloped in comfort here but get to be adventurous in my anticipation of the new. The phrase "after we've moved" is prevalent in conversation. Patience is involved with that bigtime.

Oh what a good day Sunday was! A talk with a friend also dealing with housestuff reminded me of truth. When God takes something away, it is to replace it with something He knows is of the utmost good. But that something must be taken away for it to be replaced. It's a simple scientific principle- two things cannot occupy the same space. God meets us right where we are and knows our weakness even while we are yet blind to it. That afternoon I faced the man in the blue car. I didnt handle it well; rather dismally actually. But that's the stop in which I am trusting that I will be met and where grace will be poured out.

The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.
-Job 1:21

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Lane. THANK GOD for His marvelous grace when we fail! I love when you said 'God meets us where we are,' how true is that? How great is our God?
Thanx for posting the very though provoking post that has my mind going now! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That's a mouthful. We almost moved a few years ago, and I too didn't want to leave our house. We ended up not moving. However I think God supplies grace sufficient for our needs.

A