Friday, December 21, 2007

CG Party

It is in trials when we doubt two things- that God is near and that He is good...
How has God been near, and how has He been good this year?


{luminaries up to the house}


I was sitting on the floor in the middle of our livingroom. We'd just finished singing six or so Christmas carols... Christmas carols, in our livingroom. I dont think I can express what that meant & means to me. "Joy to the world the Lord has come"- that is why our family celebreates Christmas to begin with! It was a vivid reminder of the centrality of the word 'joy' in Christmas for us two years ago and last year. There I was feeling warm and comforted in the sort-a-center of forty-some people who were all singing those words.

Mr. T. talked about the past year and the trials he knew we had all come across, the changes: moving, a job, health-wise, financially. There is no way to sugar-coat a trial. It's a hard thing whatever it may be. I was however so refreshed yesterday to face the smaller daily trials I have with confidence. The Lord brought me and my family through the trials of the past and there we were having a Christmas party in our house. The result of the dominant trial of this year (moving. just see the many, many blog posts) resulted last night in a house full of people, talking, a house full of laughter, food, happiness and friendship. We've had alot of people in the house thus far, most of them being carpenters, plumbers, electricians. ;-) To have those we have come to love in the house was much better!

I couldnt be more happy with my white elephant present- a bicycle tire with green light strung around it. We have a pair of size eight sparkly pink shoes needed to relocate to another home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the CG party was more fun than the YPCG party. Just sayin'