Wishing For Snow To Come
Today several people I talked to at lunch noted wishing that it would snow instead of the rain we currently have. I've established the habit of streaming Christmas music through itunes and when I got home this played when I turned the computer on.
These lyrics are being posted because I like hot cocoa, marshmallows, the two words pumpkin head make a great nickname in my opinion, and because I cant wait to see the twinkle of snow crystals.
When the snow comes to cover the ground
It's the time for play
It's a whipped cream day
I wait for it all year round.
Those are marshmallow clouds being friendly
In the arms of the evergreen trees
And the sun is red like a pumpkin head
It's shining so your nose won't freeze.
The world is your snowball, see how it grows
That's how it goes, whenever it snows,
The world is your snowball just for a song
Get out and roll it along.
In winter, it's a marshmallow world.
In winter, it's a marshmallow world.
In winter, it's a marshmallow world.








8 comments:
"Pumpkin head" was an insult when I was a child. I forget why...
It was great to hang out with you today! This needs to happen more often!
COOL BEANS!!!
I love that song! Vic Damone sings it, the Cheetah Girls (blech) re-made it, and I don't know who else might've sung it. LOVE THAT SONG!!!! Did you get the original version by Vic Damone? I have it playing all the time on my lappy!!
~Meghan G.~
I am not alone! I said to my sister, Meghan, "Pumpkin Head would be such a cute nickname for me, don'tcha think? Sh gave me a look like it was the weirdest, but I am not alone finally! BTW, thats Meghans fav christmas song ever! She plays it until I hear it in my sleep! Toodles! ~Sara~
I'm thinking pumpkin head was an insult simply because following the literal side of the two words- saying someone has a head like a pumpkin isnt the nicest thing to do.
It's also a 1989 horror movie. I've seen it ondemand.
LG- aw yay. smiling to read that! I had a good time too- laughter is good stuff and so is just plain old time spent in company. I agree we havent spent much time together in months... you need to come see our house. All three of you actually!
I'm not sure who I heard singing it- probably Vic Damone if he's the original... but I dont know who he is... I know that Frank Sinatra sang it. He came up when I did a lyric search. I dont have the song per se; I just heard it streaming Christmas radio. May have to get it though =]
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” -CS Lewis
When I think of pumpkins, I think of Thanksgiving weekend. But not because of pumpkin pie. Oh no. I think of blowing them to pieces with my dad's 12 gauge... and how easily it could be someone's head.
have you ever seen pumpkin throwing competitions with homemade huge catapults? blowing up pumpkins made me think of it.
Do any of you remember Tim Latanzio? He used to throw pumpkins at houses and watch them splat. But that was before he was saved...
Oops, I guess the only people who would remember TL are the Qs, and me.
Heh heh
plnkzhh-
Pumpkins licking kurdish Zoltan Ho Hos
Post a Comment