Friday, January 16, 2009

#241

Post 241... it's been a lovely, lovely, day and it's only 10:21 AM. I wish I could think of a better word than "lovely."

6:13 AM wake up, realize my clock was unplugged, wonder what time it is. the little guys bumped the plug while sleeping on the futton.
7:something AM wake up for real. brush my teeth. examine the dining room table, math homework, work for the day

Then I remembered a part of this video I watched three times yesterday, hoping each time that more of it would sink into my brain... "Where is you BEST time? Your BEST energy?" 

PS. go watch the video!! =]

Getting towards 8 o'clock: impelled to do devotions.
Prayed. Read Spurgeon, January 16th Morning.

"I will help thee, saith the Lord."—Isaiah 41:14

I went to math class at approximately 8:45 AM on the impression that there was a 2-hour delay. The place was deserted. I quickly deduced that, in fact, the school was closed. I was the silly person who showed up when no one else did... good thing we live so close! It could have been embarrassing to be that person; but no one was there! No one cares! Why should I care? And no one [except all you nice readers and my family] will know about this morning. Even in the doltishness of the act, I had gained a silly trivial secret. I smiled getting back into the car.

With a stop at the bakery, I came to possess a blueberry muffin. With a stop at Giant Eagle, some orange juice. At home, oh my my my my my - the muffin was filled with blueberries in the cake; the top had a half an inch of crumbly crunch of cinnamon and sugar yum-E-ness.

The world is glistening today. The road glistens as you drive down it. Soft diamond sparkling particles of snow are escorted across the open space of our yard by the biting wind. I am so privileged to sit here watching it. To be able to say I've seen something exquisitely beautiful. That's the definition of lovely, exquisitely beautiful.

This morning was a one for photos... I wish I had taken one or two. I dedicate this post to the effort to document it all. 

God met me this morning. I can't take a photo of that; but I need to remember. Today I have to make decisions, simple, daily life decisions; but that's hard for me. He's promised to help me.

"Consider what I have done already." 
[Spurgeon from above source]

4 comments:

imove92 said...

Oh man. As akward as it must have been for you, I must say that it is rather funny. :-) I cant say that I've done that, but I have done things similar. lol. I'm glad you are having a great morning so far! So am I, actually. I hope you have a great last half of the day!

Josh Calvetti said...

Hah! Perhaps I am not a nice reader and will post it to the front page of Provchurch.org!

Not.

That would be interesting to go and see no one there. Was it all locked up and everything? Kinda spooky...

strocit
Strengthen the ronin of China in Thailand.

Tia said...

I've done that before... it's awkward, but no one knows =)

Sue said...

Praise God you were able to LAUGH about it...be joyful...see the beauty of the morning...you described the feeling, the smells, the sights...of a day spent with the Lord! Bless you, my young friend! ~Mrs. G~