Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lit, American p. 303-10

Light-bulb moment: I am enjoying my literature this year! I have thought and spoken multiples of multiples of times, specifically this past weekend, of my yet fulfilled desire to find enjoyment in my work.

"I have come to an applicable quote everyday for some time now... Transcendentalism, Emerson, Moody, Edwards, Rockwell...I've read great American poets, short stories, excerpt, sermons. I am liking this..."

Whether or not I like it, I have to do it. Liking it makes life so much more pleasant though... Hooray!

"Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." Isaiah 65:24

"As water cannot rise higher than its source, so the moral quality in an act can never be higher than the motive that inspires it." - A.W. Tozer

I found this quote applicable to the call to "pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America."What is the inspiration to do this remaking; how "high" is the source?

I need to get back to page 303...

1 comment:

Tia said...

Are you doing lit. along with the Friday co-op?
OR, is this Robinson Crusoe you speak of...?